Scripts and Execute

Patrick McAndrew

02 Apr, 2015 10:30 AM

On scripts page (https://my.scalr.com/#/scripts), each script has an execute action that's indicated by the lightning icon. However, its would also be useful to have the same action on the top action bar (where the delete icon is) as that's more natural to look for actions.

Perhaps consider changing the icon to a play icon as well as indicates more what it does.

1. 1 Posted by Thomas Orozco on 02 Apr, 2015 10:34 AM

Hey Patrick, thanks for reaching out,

The reason this isn't in the top actions bar would be because you can't execute Scripts in bulk (so if you were to select multiple scripts, then pressing this action wouldn't work). Delete does work in bulk, hence why we can have it there.

As for changing the icon; I'd be a bit wary about this, considering it's been this one for a while, but I'll look out for similar feedback from other customers to see if that makes sense.

Let me know your thoughts,

Cheers,

2. 2 Posted by Patrick McAndre... on 02 Apr, 2015 10:41 AM

https://my.scalr.com/#/scripts - checkboxs are missing, so delete doesn't currently work in bulk.

In the old interface, there was definitely more than one place where you could execute a script from. Maybe it was a right click method. I just know that I never used the lightning icon in the past and its not intuitive as to what it does. Perhaps an execute button on the right edit script panel would help.

3. 3 Posted by Thomas Orozco on 02 Apr, 2015 10:46 AM

Patrick,

Delete does work in bulk, but you're probably viewing Account-Scope Script from within the Environment, where you don't have permission to delete (or edit) them (and since deleting is the only bulk option available, you can't select them).

There was indeed an "actions" button in the Scripts List, and that had the option to execute the Script. I'll see what we can do w.r.t. having a "Execute" button in the right-hand-side panel, though!

This might make the UI a bit crowded though, so maybe we'd have to pull some things from the table to make more room. Is execution mode something you care about in this list? It would seem like the natural candidate.

Cheers,

4. 4 Posted by Patrick McAndre... on 02 Apr, 2015 10:53 AM

The most common thing we do with scripts is executing.

Occasionally, we update.

Rarely do we fork or delete.

Not sure what the new options to upload script or attach from web are, but again, very unlikely to do either of those options.

5. marc closed this discussion on 22 Jul, 2016 09:19 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

02 Jul, 2019 07:54 PM
07 Jun, 2019 07:12 PM
02 May, 2019 04:04 PM