UI for role/images

Patrick McAndrew

10 Nov, 2014 12:36 PM

Couple of suggestions:
* On the image manager, it would be nice to show the roles in a table format, similar to how the role manager shows the images.
* For the role manager, it would be useful if you had a mouseover/title on the link to the role image that displayed the details of the image (similar information to what is displayed on the image manager on the right panel when you click an image).

1. 1 Posted by Thomas Orozco on 10 Nov, 2014 03:31 PM

Hi Patrick,

As usual, knowing a bit more about your use cases would be very helpful here : )

Regarding the Images Library, our concern would be that the list will get out of hand very fast if an Image is used by a lot of Roles. What exactly would you need that for?

(more specifically: why is it not practical for you to click the "Show Roles" link?)

By "Role Manager", I'm assuming you mean the list view? There, could you let us know what you'd need to see image details for — that'll help us identify which fields are the most needed (adding all of them might not be practical), and what format would work.

Cheers,

2. 2 Posted by Patrick McAndre... on 10 Nov, 2014 03:56 PM

Hi Tomas,

I understand the difference between roles & images, but in our case, we only have a 1 image per role per region and it would just help us conceptually to see the mapping.

By Role Manager, I mean Roles -> Manager (https://my.scalr.com/#/roles/manager). Looking at it again though, about the only thing that would really be useful to use would be the image size and we can probably do our verification via the image manager.

3. 3 Posted by Thomas Orozco on 13 Nov, 2014 12:04 PM

Hey Patrick,

Igor made sure that when an Image only has one associated Role, we'll display that Role instead of a link to the list.

We're now also displaying the size of Images when you mouseover their name in the Roles List.

Let us know whether this works for you.

Cheers,

4. Thomas Orozco closed this discussion on 13 Nov, 2014 12:04 PM.

5. Patrick McAndrew re-opened this discussion on 13 Nov, 2014 12:26 PM

6. 4 Posted by Patrick McAndre... on 13 Nov, 2014 12:26 PM

That's great! Thanks :)

7. Patrick McAndrew closed this discussion on 13 Nov, 2014 12:26 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac