Editing Role Behaviors

Tim Dunphy

28 Dec, 2013 07:43 AM

Hello,

I remember a while back asking if at some point we would be able to edit our Scalr roles so that we could change their 'behaviors'. In other words if you create a role as a 'base' role, it would be nice to be able to edit that role so that it could also be an 'apache' and/or a 'mongodb' role somewhere down the line as the needs for that role may evolve.

I heard back from Scalr that this seemed like a good idea and that it would be taken under advisement. I was just wondering if there was any progress towards making this a reality?

Thanks
Tim

1. 1 Posted by Monkeys on 14 Dec, 2014 09:14 AM

Bump

2. 2 Posted by Thomas Orozco on 15 Dec, 2014 09:36 AM

Hi there,

With the introduction of Role Images, it should be easy to create a new Role using the same Images as your original Role, and enable different built-in automation.

However, updating an existing Role and changing the built-in automation associated with it isn't supported, but we're not sure this would be a good addition (it'll probably result in breaking all Farm Roles associated with it). Please let us know if your use case or experience differs, though!

Cheers,

3. marc closed this discussion on 22 Jul, 2016 09:03 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

02 Jul, 2019 07:54 PM
07 Jun, 2019 07:12 PM
02 May, 2019 04:04 PM