Nginx role gives me "('www', 'www role automation is deprecated for Ubuntu 18.04 or later. Supported automations: base, chef, router.')"

Nir Ben-Dor

28 Oct, 2018 08:54 AM

Hi,
what does ('www', 'www role automation is deprecated for Ubuntu 18.04 or later. Supported automations: base, chef, router.') error means
(nginx, ubunut 18.04)

Scalr will no longer support those roles in the future?
Or its just a temporary thing until you get this supported?

- Nir

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marat Komarov on 30 Oct, 2018 12:09 AM

Nir,

All new major OS releases will no longer include support for the built-in automation noted above. All existing OS releases will have support for the built-in automation until their EOL.

2. 2 Posted by Nir Ben-Dor on 30 Oct, 2018 07:02 AM

Would you provide some guides on how to build similar functionality over
    Scalr with other automation methods ?
    I'm sure many of your customers, just like me, depend on your automation
    and need to find a solution without becoming experts..

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by marc on 31 Oct, 2018 03:07 AM

Hi Nir,

You should be able to do this with Orchestration within Scalr. Most of our customers exclusively use their own deployment and configuration scripts together with Scalr Orchestration, or other tools like Chef or Ansible. Take a look at our updated 3 Tier App tutorial on our older Wiki for some examples of scripts that might help get you started with deploying and configuring Nginx and MySQL. However, all existing OS releases will have support for built-in automation until their EOL, so you should be able to continue using those as-is in the near term. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Many thanks,
    Wm. Marc O'Brien
    Scalr Technical Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac