Syntax error on apache2 conf related to Scalr stuff

Arie Fishler

20 Apr, 2017 07:52 AM

I have modified my farm 1173 to include a new apache2 role I created. The instance is starting and initializing but the apache2 service fails to start on a syntax error in line 220 which has the following scalr related stuff.

IncludeOptional /etc/scalr/private.d/vhosts/*.vhost.conf

I created the role from an image snapshot I made yesterday cause when creating the snapshot I forgot to replace the role.

Another thing I noticed - the server did reboot after snapshot creation - which I do not recall from the past. Is this normal?

1. 1 Posted by Arie Fishler on 20 Apr, 2017 09:55 AM

Putting this line above in a comment - makes the apache 2 start ok. Please advice

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Marat Komarov on 20 Apr, 2017 09:58 PM

This role is created as "base" - it does not have "apache" automation turned on, that's why directory with vhosts from the previous server is left untouched.

For Ubuntu >= 16.04 Scalr creates image via CreateImage API call to Amazon, and Amazon does this reboot, which is needed for having consistent snapshot of the rootfs

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac