SSH console icon missing

Kevin Sample

18 Oct, 2016 01:53 PM

This morning I noticed the SSH console icon is gone from the server list. Has that feature been removed?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Vitaliy Demidov on 18 Oct, 2016 01:59 PM

Hi Kevin,
    Yes, SSH launcher feature has been completely removed from Scalr.

Regards,
    Vitaliy Demidov

2. 2 Posted by Anthony Del Cie... on 18 Oct, 2016 04:37 PM

Is there a reason this was removed? It's very inconvenient for me to not have it

3. 3 Posted by marc on 18 Oct, 2016 05:17 PM

Hi Anthony,

This has been removed due to the fact that Chrome and Firefox (and soon IE and Safari) have removed support for NPAPI which is required for the java app this feature relied upon. We can not maintain compatibility or functionality moving forward so it has been removed entirely. Moving forward you will need to connect to your instances by downloading the appropriate SSH key and manually connecting to your instances with your local console application. Let us know if you have any questions.

Many thanks,
    Wm. Marc O'Brien
    Scalr Technical Support

4. 4 Posted by Alan Clelland on 20 Oct, 2016 08:12 AM

I agree this was frustrating considering it was done without notice but it was inevitable ever since NPAPI was deprecated.

If you're using windows you can use the following tamper monkey script to add a ssh launch button to the Scalr UI. It's not very pretty code but it's been working for my team.

You'll need to set some things up including a registry edit but it's only a few steps. The steps are outlined in the comments at the top of the script :)

5. 5 Posted by marc on 20 Oct, 2016 04:14 PM

Hi Anthony/Alan,

Glad to hear you have a workaround for the short term, and thank you for sharing! I will close out this ticket as resolved for now. Just let us know if you have any troubles or questions moving forward.

Cheers,
    Wm. Marc O'Brien
    Scalr Technical Support

6. marc closed this discussion on 20 Oct, 2016 04:14 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

02 Jul, 2019 07:54 PM
07 Jun, 2019 07:12 PM
02 May, 2019 04:04 PM