Duplicate servers on AWS

Movenium

18 Jul, 2016 02:35 PM

Hello,

can you tell me what has happened few hours ago? we lost connection to all our databases, seems like .scalr.ws-urls broke. Scalr started to create new instances to aws so everything seems to be duplicated now

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. Support Staff 31 Posted by Igor Savchenko on 19 Jul, 2016 07:43 PM

Hi,

Unfortunately, we cannot import this instance because seems like it was not launched via scalr.

Please check Menu -> Discovery manager -> Orphaned servers page for your region eu-west-1. It contains 8 servers that we can, in theory, import back. If they were already successfully replaced, please terminate them, because scalr is no longer managing these servers.

Regards,
    Igor

2. 32 Posted by Movenium on 19 Jul, 2016 08:31 PM

Can you tell me what happened to farm 22705? It was working already today and now I cannot see servers at all?

3. Support Staff 33 Posted by Igor Savchenko on 19 Jul, 2016 08:42 PM

Server was terminated with reason "Manually terminated by Movenium.". Scaling is disabled for this farm, so new one was not launched. You can launch server manually or enable scaling and scalr will launch it automatically.

P.S. Scalr turned off scaling for some FarmRoles to protect them from yesterday and todays' accidents.

Regards,
    Igor

4. 34 Posted by Movenium on 19 Jul, 2016 08:49 PM

I remeber terminating only the new instances and the old ones which were recovered by you were not touched..

Can you somehow get that instance back?

5. Support Staff 35 Posted by Igor Savchenko on 19 Jul, 2016 08:54 PM

If this instance is not running on AWS there is no way to get it back. If you've used persistent storage (EBS) scalr should re-attach it (in case if it's not a root device).

Regards,
    Igor

6. 36 Posted by marc on 19 Jul, 2016 11:45 PM

Hello Movenium,

We are closing this ticket as resolved as per the previous comments. If any issues persist or if you have any questions, please reopen this ticket by replying or open a new ticket and we can resume troubleshooting efforts if necessary. Thank you for your patience while we worked through these issues.

Many thanks,
    Wm. Marc O'Brien
    Scalr Technical Support

7. marc closed this discussion on 19 Jul, 2016 11:45 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

02 Jul, 2019 07:54 PM
07 Jun, 2019 07:12 PM
02 May, 2019 04:04 PM