Cannot Delete a Roles Network Server Indexe

Casey Flynn

12 Mar, 2016 04:45 PM

In the network tab of my role has a #1 server index of a terminated server. There is no option to delete the index and use the #2 server index. How do I delete the first server index?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Igor Savchenko on 14 Mar, 2016 05:20 AM

Server index assigned to a server by Scalr during the launch. If you want to launch a server with index 1 you need to launch it and then terminate server with index 2. Why you want to remove server with index 1?

Regards,
    Igor

2. 2 Posted by Casey Flynn on 14 Mar, 2016 12:48 PM

At first I couldn't get the role to point to the new server, I switched the ip addresses of the server indexes and that seemed to work.

But now I have an empty server index 1 and server 2 has the ip ending in 186, but the name of the server ends in 110. More of just an inconvenience that I couldn't get rid of the first server index.

server index 1 was from a server I rolled up, but failed to initialize. I didn't terminate until after I rolled up the second server.

3. 3 Posted by marc on 22 Jul, 2016 09:25 PM

Hello Casey,

We are closing this ticket due to age. If any issues persist or if you have any questions, please reopen this ticket by replying or open a new ticket and we can resume troubleshooting efforts if necessary.

Many thanks,
    Wm. Marc O'Brien
    Scalr Technical Support

4. marc closed this discussion on 22 Jul, 2016 09:25 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac